Effective Date: 02/02/2018
- MOCHA Enterprises
- Black El Paso / Black El Paso Voice
- El Paso Black Pages
Article 1 – DEFINITIONS:
- d) OWNER: Owner is the publisher, owner, and operator of the Website and is the Party responsible for the collection of information described herein. Owner shall be referred to either by Owner’s name or “Owner,” as listed above. If Owner or Owner’s property shall be referred to through first-person pronouns, it shall be through the use of the following: Us, We, Our, Ours, etc.
- f) GOODS: “Goods” means any goods that we make available for sale on the Website.
- g) SERVICES: “Services” means any services that We make available for sale on the Website.
- h) PERSONAL INFORMATION: “Personal Information” means information that we obtain from You in connection with Your use of the Website.
Article 2 – GENERAL INFORMATION:
We are committed to the protection of Your privacy while You use Our Website.
Article 3 – MODIFICATIONS AND REVISIONS:
Article 4 – HOW INFORMATION IS COLLECTED:
Depending on how You use Our Website, You will be subject to different types of information collected and different manners of collection:
- a)Automatic Tracking: We may collect information from You through automatic tracking systems (such as information about your browsing preferences) and/or through information that You volunteer to Us (such as information that You provide during a registration process or at other times while using the Website.
- b) Registered Users: You, as a User of the Website, may be asked to register in order to use the Website or to purchase the Goods and/or Services available for sale.
During the process of Your registration, We will collect some of the following Personal Information from You through Your voluntary disclosure:
Name, email address, mailing address, phone number, DOB, marital status, annual income, number of children, social media profiles, and any additional information pertaining to your use of the site or specific section of the site.
Such information may be considered identifying information (for example, if Your legal name, e-mail address, physical address or telephone number are collected). We will not, however, collect any identifying information without Your voluntary disclosure. Personal Information may be asked for in relation to:
- I) Interaction with Our representatives in any way
- II) making purchases
III) receiving notifications by text message or email about marketing
- IV) receiving general emails from Us
- V) commenting on Our content or other user-generated content on Our Website, such as blogs, articles, photographs or videos, or participating in Our forums, bulletin boards, chat rooms or other similar features
- VI) Or the following other forms of participation:
Users can link their social media profiles.
- c) Unregistered Users: If You are a passive User of the Website and do not register for any purchases or other service, You may still be subject to certain passive data collection (“Passive Data Collection”). Such Passive Data Collection may include IP address information, location information, and certain browser data, such as history and/or session information.
- d) All Users: The Passive Data Collection which applies to Unregistered Users shall also apply to all other users and/or visitors of Our Website.
- e) Sales & Billing Information: In order to purchase any of the goods or services on the Website, You will be asked to provide certain credit information, billing address information, and possibly additional specific information so that You may be properly charged for your purchases. This payment and billing information will not be stored and will be used exclusively to assist with Your one-time purchase.
- f) Related Entities: We may share Your Personal Information, including Personal Information that identifies You personally, with any of Our parent companies, subsidiary companies, affiliates or other trusted related entities.
- g) Email Marketing: You may be asked to provide certain Personal Information, such as Your name and email address, for for the purpose of receiving email marketing communications. This information will only be obtained through Your voluntary disclosure.
- h) User Experience: From time to time We may request information from You to assist Us in improving Our Website, and the Goods and Services We sell, such as demographic information or Your particular preferences.
- i) Content Interaction: Our Website may allow you to comment on the content that We provide or the content that other users provide, such as blogs, multimedia, or forum posts. If so, We may collect some Personal Information from you at that time, such as, but not limited to, username or email address.
- j) Combined or Aggregated Information: We may combine or aggregate some of Your Personal Information in order to better serve you and to better enhance and update Our Website for Your and other consumers’ use.
We may also share such aggregated information with others, but only if that aggregated information does not contain any information that identifies You personally.
- k) Other Information: In addition to collecting the Personal Information as already described herein, We may also collect the following Personal Information:
Marital status, employment status, employment field type, goals, etc.
Article 5 – THIRD PARTIES:
We may utilize third party service providers (“Third Party Service Providers”), from time to time or all the time, to help Us with Our Website, and to help serve You.
We may use Third Party Service Providers to assist with information storage (such as cloud storage).
We may provide some of Your Personal Information to Third Party Service Providers in order to help Us track usage data, such as referral websites, dates and times of page requests, etc. We use this information to understand patterns of usage of, and to improve, the Website.
We may use Third Party Service Providers to host the Website. In this instance, the Third Party Service Provider will have access to your Personal Information.
We may use Third Party Service Providers to fulfill orders in relation to the Website.
We may use Third Party Service Providers for the following services in relation to the Website:
The website uses third party moderators to review and look over comments and content.
Your Personal Information will not be sold or otherwise transferred to other third parties without Your approval.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
If you wish to disable cookies, you may do so through your individual browser options. More detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We use Google AdSense Advertising on our website.
We have implemented the following:
- Remarketing with Google AdSense
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
- DoubleClick Platform Integration
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
Users can visit our site anonymously.
Can change your personal information:
- By logging in to your account
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
It’s also important to note that we allow third-party behavioral tracking
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
Do we let third-parties, including ad networks or plug-ins collect PII from children under 13?
We believe it is important to provide added protection for children online. We encourage parents and guardians to spend time online with their children to observe, participate in and/or monitor and guide their online activity. MOCHA Enterprises does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian believes that MOCHA Enterprises has in its database the personally-identifiable information of a child under the age of 13, please contact us immediately (using the contact in the first paragraph) and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
Most internet browsers accept cookies automatically, although You are able to change Your browser settings to control cookies, including whether or not You accept them, and how to remove them. You may also be able to set Your browser to advise You if You receive a cookie, or to block or delete cookies. However, if You do this, You may be prevented from taking full advantage of the Website.
Third Party Advertisers: We may have third parties advertise their goods or services on Our Website. These third parties may be able to learn information through cookies about Your browsing preferences in order to present more relevant advertisements to You. Cookies allow these third party advertisers to recognize Your computer for the purposes of marketing and showing You information that they think you might like. This information may include data about where You first saw or clicked on an advertisement.
If users disable cookies in their browser:
If you turn cookies off, some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly. Some of the features that make your site experience more efficient and may not function properly.
Article 7 – HOW INFORMATION IS STORED:
We use secure physical and digital systems to store your Personal Information when appropriate. We ensure that your Personal Information is protected against unauthorized access, disclosure, or destructions.
Please note, however, that no system involving the transmission of information via the internet, or the electronic storage of data, is completely secure. However, we take the protection and storage of Your Personal Information very seriously. We take all reasonable steps to protect Your Personal Information.
The systems that We use to store Your information include but are not limited to:
We ensure that only a handful of trusted and vetted employees or volunteers handle any information to avoided breaches.
Article 8 – HOW INFORMATION IS USED:
We primarily use Your Personal Information to help Us provide a better experience for you on Our Website and to provide You the services and/or information You may have requested, such as use of Our Website.
Information that does not identify You personally, but that may assist in providing Us broad overviews of Our customer base, will be used for market research or marketing efforts. Such information may include, but is not limited to, IP address or interests based on Your cookies.
Personal Information that may be considering identifying may be used for the following:
- a) Improving Your personal user experience
- b) Communicating with You about Your user account with Us
- c) Marketing and advertising to You, including via email
- d) Fulfilling Your purchases
- e) Providing customer service to You
- f) Advising You about updates to the Website or related Items
- g) The following other purposes:
We only share user information if required by law, to law enforcement or government agencies.
Article 9 – DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION:
Although Our policy is to maintain the privacy of Your Personal Information as described herein, We may disclose Your Personal Information if We believe that it is reasonable to do so in certain cases, in Our sole and exclusive discretion. Such cases may include, but are not limited to:
- a) To satisfy any local, state, or Federal laws or regulations
- b) To respond to requests, such discovery, criminal, civil, or administrative process, subpoenas, court orders, or writs from law enforcement or other governmental or legal bodies
- d) As may be necessary for the operation of Our Website
- e) To generally cooperate with any lawful investigation about Our Users
- f) If We suspect any fraudulent activity on Our Website or if We have noticed any activity which may violate our terms or other applicable rules
Article 10 – PUBLIC INFORMATION:
We may allow users to post their own content or information publicly on Our Website. Such content or information may include, but is not limited to, photographs, status updates, blogs, articles, or other personal snippets. Please be aware that any such information or content that you may post should be considered entirely public and that We do not purport to maintain the privacy of such public information.
Article 11 – OPTING OUT OF TRANSMITTALS FROM US:
From time to time, We may send You informational or marketing communications related to Our Website such as announcements or other information. If You wish to opt-out of such communications, You may contact the following email: email@example.com. You may also click the opt-out link which will be provided at the bottom of any and all such communications.
Please be advised that even though You may opt-out of such communications, You may still receive information from Us that is specifically about Your use of Our Website or about Your account with Us.
By providing any Personal Information to us, or by using Our Website in any manner, You have created a commercial relationship with Us. As such, You agree that any email sent from Us or third-party affiliates, even unsolicited email, shall specifically not be considered SPAM, as that term is legally defined.
Article 12 – MODIFYING YOUR INFORMATION:
If you wish to modify any information We may have about You, or You wish to simply access any information We have about You, You may reach out to Us at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Article 13 – ACCEPTANCE OF RISK:
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
- We will notify you via email within 7 business days
- We will notify you via letter within 7 business days
- We will notify the user via in-site notification within 7 business days
Article 14 – CUSTOMER SERVICE CONTACT INFORMATION:
PO BOX 640311
El Paso, Texas 79904
Attn: Business Affairs Department